Do you need to show all the authors of your site or team members on one page? Let’s take a simple way. Our task is to display a list of site users (post authors) on a specific page. To make it look great, we will show their avatars, names, and links to publications.
We will show a list of them on a separate page. To do this, you need to follow several steps.
Step 1: Go to Pages > Add New, name it, and publish it.
Step 2: Install and activate the free Author Avatars List plugin.
The plugin does not have a separate block in Gutenberg. To work with it in the new editor, use the Classic block.
Step 3: Return to the created page and on the editor toolbar, click the button with the user’s image.
Step 4: In the pop-up window, specify the settings:
- Shortcode type: List of users.
- Show Roles: The roles of the authors of the publications.
- Display settings: what to show for each author.
- User link to link to the author’s page, to his site, to the last entry.
- Sort Order: The order in which user data is displayed.
- Max number of avatars to display: The number of all authors that will be shown.
- The maximum number of avatars per page: how many authors will be displayed on one page (with numbering if there are several).
- Minimum required number of entries: the minimum number of author entries that will be displayed if the Show number of entries option is checked in the Display settings block.
- Hidden Users: User IDs that will not be displayed.
- White list of users: only users from this list will be shown (list IDs separated by commas).
Step 5: To insert a list, click Insert.
A special shortcode will be added to the content.
This shortcode can be inserted anywhere in the content of a page or post.
The plugin has an Author Avatars widget to show a list of authors in the site’s widget area.