Want to create a PowerPoint presentation on your WordPress site but don’t know how? Now you can use WordPress to design/publish presentations and do without PowerPoint. Let’s figure out how to do it.
Why create presentations in WordPress?
A presentation on your site helps create visual appeal, keeps visitors on your pages longer, and increases the effectiveness of search engine optimization.
Here are a few ways to add presentation slides to a WP site:
- Embed Any Document plugin;
- copy and paste the embed code from Google Slides;
- third party service (for example, SlideShare).
The problem with these methods is that you need to create your presentation in other software such as PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides. Only then can you embed the original document into your WordPress posts and pages.
Embeds sometimes don’t work on all devices, look ugly, are hard to view, and aren’t very SEO optimized.
Let’s see how easy it is to create a presentation in WordPress without using external software.
How to create a presentation in WordPress
- First, install the free Slides & Presentations plugin.
- To create a presentation, after activation in the admin panel, open the Presentations > Add New section.
- If you are familiar with PowerPoint, then creating a presentation will be easy.
- Your presentation will consist of slides. The plugin comes with a slide block that you can use to add slides to your presentation.
- First, open the Setup tab in the Document section. Select the size of your presentation by specifying Standard 4:3 or Widescreen 16:9.
- Below you will find options to set the background/image color, font, transition effects, and controls for the entire presentation.
- You can also change these settings for individual slides as you add them.
Working with slides
In the content area, you will see a large frame. Add the content of your first slide here.
- You can add text, headings, lists, images, multimedia to a slide.
- Below each slide, you’ll also see a small box for adding speaker notes.
- You can add a new slide by clicking on the + icon or by adding a new slide block, just like adding any other block when creating content in WordPress.
- Once you’re done with your presentation, save and publish it. You can then copy the link to share or view your presentation.
- To start the presentation, follow the link. The way the slides are flipped depends on the options you have set in the settings.