With Bento, we set out to continue to blur the difference between free and premium WordPress themes by creating something that is on par with the largest paid templates and is significantly more feature-rich than most other free themes, yet still freely available to the public. Bento is the culmination of years of experience making paid templates on ThemeForest (as an Elite Creator), as well as best practices in WordPress development, web design, usability, and search engine optimization.
A distinctive feature of the theme is the combination of versatility and personalization with a minimalistic design and thoughtful code. The first is achieved with an impressive set of settings and the included Page Builder, which allows you to create almost arbitrary layouts using a graphical interface, without the need for coding. Among the settings, we can highlight the fact that Bento is one of the very few free themes that allow you to change the colors of any site element, from the background of pages to the color of links in the footer.
The topic is completely Russified, while it is worth noting that the translation was carried out not by the collective efforts of volunteers, but by the author of the topic, that is, by me – to ensure the same high quality of translation for all parts of the template.
- Unlimited color combinations – you can give any element of the site any color you want
- Visual content builder – Bento includes the ability to install the SiteOrigin page builder for free, which allows you to create markup from 20+ ready-made element types without knowledge of the code
- Settings for individual pages and posts – the ability to add a full-screen header and set colors and background for an individual page
- 3 types of the grid – any page can be given one of three types of the grid – “columns”, “rows” and “masonry”
- 4 main menu configurations – right (standard), center
- 2 zones for widgets – in the side column (sidebar) and in the footer of the site
- 2 zones for the menu – in the header and in the footer of the site
- Loading posts on the same page using native AJAX mechanisms
- Full WooCommerce support – including styles for pages and widgets
- 600+ Google Fonts – Fonts for content text, menus, and titles can be selected independently of each other
- 500+ vector icons – the theme has the entire set of icons from Font Awesome
- Responsiveness – the theme automatically adjusts to the screen width of the device used to view the page
- Detailed Manual – Available Online (in English)
- Fully Russified – the theme was translated into Russian by the developer
- Regular updates – we regularly make corrections and add new features to the template.
Bento is released under the free GPL license, the theme can be downloaded for free on the official template page.
On the same page, you can find detailed information about the paid Extension Pack, which adds additional features such as a separate content type for creating a portfolio, full-screen page headers with videos or Google maps, customizable pop-ups for converting visitors, a loading indicator, the ability to upload your own fonts and several new widgets; in addition, the extension allows you to remove the link to the creator’s site in the footer of the theme.